Monday, June 14, 2010

Beginnings of a dragon















Here is my beginnings of what a Pern dragon might look like. I've seem to have misplace my sketch book with most of my concept art, but I did find a page that had some of prepared ideas. As for the model it was done in Maya 2009 and I'm still working on it. The head is mostly modeled-out, but with some tweaks I might make to the jaw and a bit on the eye. The body and neck are only blocked out and right now I'm not happy with it. I'm going to be working on the teeth and tongue next.

2 comments:

  1. I was just plodding through google image search, and I saw these renders. I don't know if you're still doing them or not, but they are EXCELLENT! I love them so much, and if you're still working at them, I cannot wait to see more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are very good. You capture the image of the Pern dragon well. I write books about dragons myself and your form is very close to mine. Not many pictures out there depict a dragon as feasable as these.

    ReplyDelete